The Ministry of Public Works informs of the speed limit which will be in place on Sunday [June 27] for the Bermuda Bicycle Association National Time Trial Championship cycle road race.
A government spokesperson said: âThe minister in charge of works and engineering, in the exercise of the power conferred by article 7[2A] of the Road Traffic Act 1947, issues the following ordinance:
- “1. This decree may be cited under the title of road traffic [Bermuda Bicycle Association National Time Trial Championship Bicycle Road Race Variation of Speed Limits] Order 2021.
- â2. This Ordinance shall apply to competitors and vehicles accompanying participants in the Bermuda Bicycle Association National Time Trial Championship Cycling Road Race on the roads of the Bermuda Land Development Company Limited in the Parish. of St. George, to be held on Sunday June 27, 2021.
- “3. The speed limits set by article 7[a] of the Road Traffic Act 1947 in respect of the roads outside the municipal territory of the Town of St. George specified in the second column of the schedule [the ârelevant roadsâ] are amended to the extent specified in the first column of the appendix with respect to the competitors and the vehicles accompanying the competitors in the road cycling race of the Bermuda Bicycle Association National Time Trial Championship.
- “4. The roads concerned or the parts thereof specified in the second column of the annex are declared to be subject, at the times specified in the third column of the annex, with regard to the competitors and the vehicles accompanying the competitors of the Bermuda Bicycle Association. National Time Trial Championship Road cycling race, at the speed limit specified in the first column thereof.
- Speed ââlimit: 75 kilometers per hour
- Routes: From the Clearwater parking lot, head north along Cooper’s Island Road to the Southside Road roundabout, then continue along Pepper Hall Road and head north towards Tommy Fox Road, then turn left and head towards Southside Road, then continue along Southside Road to Lower Gate Road roundabout, then turn right on Lower Gate Road and head north towards St David’s Road , then turn left onto St David’s Road, then head west towards the Kindley Field Road roundabout, continue on Kindley Field Road, then continue west along The Causeway then continue west ‘west to the Blue Hole Hill roundabout at the junction of Wilkinson Avenue, then turn right and head east towards The Causeway and east to the Kindley Field roundabout Road, then head east on St David’s Road, then continue east on along St David’s Road until you reach Texas Road junction, then head southwest on Taxes Road to Tommy Fox Road, then head west on Tommy Fox Road to the junction at Pepper Hall Road, then head south to the Southside Road roundabout, then continue south along Cooper’s Island Road to the finish line.
Learn more about
Category: All the sports